- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The only known survivor of the Dramian Plague of 2251, Kol-Tai lives in the caverns outside the ruins of the civilization on Dramia II. In 2270 (stardate 5275.6), when Captain Kirk and Mister Spock come to the planet to establish Doctor McCoy's innocence in starting the plague, Kol-Tai agrees to accompany them back to Dramia to speak at McCoy's trial. Later, the antibodies to the Saurian virus in Kol-Tai's bloodstream — injected 19 years prior by McCoy — prove to be the cure to the Dramian plague. Unlike the civilized inhabitants of Dramia, Kol-Tai dresses in rags.