- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Federation freighter that served as part of the Kobayashi Maru scenario, a simulated Starfleet Academy training exercise wherein cadets had to decide what command decisions to make after receiving a distress call from the freighter.
The scenario is considered as unwinnable. But, as a cadet, James Kirk found a way around the test by reprogramming the simulation, thus changing the conditions of the test. In doing so, Kirk defeated the no-win scenario and received a commondation for original thinking.
Other notable officers to have taken the test include Lt. Saavik.