- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Name for the star in the Silarian sector and one of its six planets that was populated with a technological humanoid culture until it died out 1,000 years ago when the star went nova. Before their demise, the populous had hospitals, early electronic voice communication, and extensive farming -- but little if any space science. To preserve their story for a future historian, the people launched an interstellar satellite after a decade of development that contained recorded memories of their lives in a virtual history that would eventually be transferred directly into a recipient being's brain (Captain Picard's, as it turned out). Scientists had avoided releasing the truth too early to avoid a public panic since they could only launch small missiles, not evacuation ships. At the time of the launch, natives all wore protective hats and used skin protector outside due to the unbearably intense sun.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TNG Guest Star Wendy Hughes, 1952-2014
- Poll Says Favorite Trek Supporting Character Is...
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman