- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Legendary figure from Tamarian mythology who stood with Darmok against a "beast" at the island of Tanagra. The Tamarians turned this story into part of their language, which is based entirely on metaphor. "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" describes an attempt by two people to understand each other by sharing a common experience. When Captain Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D was attempting to communicate with a Tamarian counterpart, the Tamarian used the metaphor as an example, helping Picard decipher their cryptic language.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?
- Remembering Prolific Trek Director Cliff Bole, 1937-2014