- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Legendary figure from Tamarian mythology who stood with Darmok against a "beast" at the island of Tanagra. The Tamarians turned this story into part of their language, which is based entirely on metaphor. "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" describes an attempt by two people to understand each other by sharing a common experience. When Captain Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D was attempting to communicate with a Tamarian counterpart, the Tamarian used the metaphor as an example, helping Picard decipher their cryptic language.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products