- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Information storage and processing media used aboard starships circa 2329, and in general usage since around 2349. The chips are composed of a linear memory crystal material and are often mounted in wall racks containing dozens or hundreds of the devices.
Isolinear chips replaced the duotronic system previously in use on Federation starships.
In 2367, while under Romulan mind control, Chief Engineer La Forge altered several chips to covertly beam weapons via cargo transporter to the planet Krios, and to erase all record of the beaming afterward.
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?