- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Mathematical equation used to determine the proper mix of matter and antimatter in the warp core reaction chamber among starship propulsion systems. Artificial wormholes could result if the mix is applied incorrectly. In 2266, Science Officer Spock and Chief Engineer Scott accomplished an emergency restart of their starship's warp engines by creating a new formula based on a theoretical time/antimatter relationship. Although it saved the ship, the emergency move prompted a negative temporal shift of three days. Later, some of the warp drive upgrades supposedly being performed by Kosinski in 2364 called for varying the formula to improve engine performance.