- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In 2375, while on a "Duck Blind" survey mission of the Ba'ku homeworld, Admiral Matthew Doughtery used one of these mobile, holographic simulators.
Doughtery planned to "relocate" all 600 Ba'ku to the holoship, as he and his Son'a cohorts harvested the planet's metaphasic properties. The holoship housed a virtual re-creation of the Ba'ku villiage.
Once discovered by Captain Picard and Data, the holoship was later used to trick the Son'a commander, Ru'afo, into believing that his metaphasic collector was fully operational, in orbit of the Ba'ku planet.