- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In 2372, as a crew member aboard the U.S.S. Voyager, Hogan operated the transporter console when Tuvok and Neelix were accidentally merged into Tuvix. With Neelix no longer as an individual, Hogan was among those crew members who tried to cook their own food in Neelix's kitchen.
In early 2373, Hogan was killed by a giant Hanonian land eel on planet Hanon IV. Later that year, Hogan's remains were found by Voth archaeologist, Forra Gegan. Dr. Gegan used them as evidence to support his Distant Origin Theory, which suggested that Voth and human people shared a common ancestry.