- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In celestial navigation, a mathematical expression describing a direction with relationship to the center of the galaxy. A heading is composed of two numbers measuring an azimuth value and an elevation value in degrees. A heading of 000, mark 0 describes a direction toward the geometric center of the galaxy. In terms of navigation on a planet's surface, this is analogous to describing a direction in degrees from north, in which case a course of 5 degrees would be slightly to the right of a direction directly toward the planet's north pole. A heading differs from a bearing in that it has no relationship to the current attitude or orientation of the spacecraft.
Related News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TOS Composer Gerald Fried
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- STO Guest Blog: Feature Episodes Rerun
- Nimoy Beaming To Big Apple This Weekend for Staging of His One-man Show, Vincent
- Where Will You Park Your Cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey?
- FIRST LOOK: Comic-Con Exclusive Shatner/Trek-Twilight Zone Bobble Head Set
- Shatner To Guest Star on Live Episode of Hot in Cleveland