- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
(Played by himself)
Dr. Stephen Hawking was one of three great minds of Earth science —along with Albert Einstein and Sir Isaac Newton—that Data used to create holographic recreations with whiich to play poker and converse, for recreation. Hawking, considered one of the most brilliant theoretical physicists of 20th-century Earth, developed a quantum theory of gravity, in which he sought to link the two major theories of physics: quantum mechanics and relativity. Hawking also speculated on the existence of wormholes and quantum fluctuations linking multiple universes. Hawking's scientific achievements were all the more remarkable because he was afflicted with a debilitating neural disease that kept him confined to a wheelchair, able to speak only with the aid of a speech-synthesis computer.
In an alternate future experienced by Jean-Luc Picard, Data held the same position at Cambridge University that Hawking and Newton had in previous centuries, and he had a copy of Hawking's book, "A Brief History of Time," in his library.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products