- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The versatile and prolific Hollywood veteran Bruce Greenwood becomes the third actor to play Christopher Pike with the alternate reality scenario of the big-screen Star Trek (2009), following on from Jeffrey Hunter and Sean Kenney as seen in "The Cage" and "The Menagerie," respectively.
Greenwood was born in Noranda, Quebec, Canada. Living in a family that frequently moved, he bounced between the United States and Canada for much of his youth. A first big acting break came in 1982 when he landed a walk-on role in the Sylvester Stallone movie, First Blood.
Greenwood lends an air of gravitas to his portrayal of Pike, not surprising in part to his bravura performance as President John F. Kennedy in 2000’s big-screen Cuban Missile Crisis thriller, Thirteen Days. He also won raves as Jack Dunphy, the title character’s lover in the big-screen Capote, and as the title character in UPN’s short-lived series Nowhere Man.
He got his first real exposure playing Dr. Seth Griffin for two years on NBC’s St. Elsewhere; most visibly, he played the president in National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and has voiced Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Young Justice animated series. Other movie roles include Passenger 57, The Sweet Hereafter, Double Jeopardy, Rules of Engagement, I, Robot, The Core, Eight Below, the quirky Bob Dylan biopic I'm Not There.
An avid outdoorsman, Greenwood cites skiing, hiking and golf as some of his favorite activities. Married to Susan Devlin since 1985, the Greenwoods have one son.
Related News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Deep Roy, Scotty's Alien Pal, Keenser
- STID Tops International Box Office Gross of Star Trek (2009)
- The Designs Behind Star Trek Into Darkness Costumes
- Interview: STID'S Cybernetically Augmented Science Officer, Joseph Gatt, Part 2
- Star Trek's Cybernetically Augmented Science Officer, Joseph Gatt, Part 1
- Hear An Excerpt From The Star Trek Into Darkness Audiobook
- IDW's Star Trek After Darkness Available Now