- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Developed by neurogeneticist Doctor Toby Russell, an experimental medical device able to translate a particular genetic code into a specific set of replication directions which instruct the replicative device to "grow" a fitting replacement organ. Doctor Russell was refused three requests to begin testing her device on humanoid patients by Starfleet Medical until her successful -- if not somewhat questionable -- implementation of the technique on Lieutenant Worf in 2368.