- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A maneuver to intentionally fire a rocket engine beyond its stated capacity but for a very limited time so as to create a single burst of acceleration to overcome inertia. An overburn has never been tried with a shuttlepod engine before Sim-Trip thinks of it, using both NX-01 shuttlepods, to pull the ship free of a polaric field.