- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Native to planet Brekka, its harvest, growth and sale provides the lone industry on the planet as a form of temporary relief for the "plague" on neighboring Ornara. The plague was actually cured generations ago on Brekka, but the planet withholds that knowledge from Ornara to promote its society-wide addiction that keeps Brekka in business.
The narcotic, resembling an Old Earth breakfast cereal of crispy rice, is refined from a rare plant that grows only in remote areas and must be carefully cultivated, harvested and purified - an expensive, time-consuming process. Distillation has improved, the Brekkians say. Two generations ago, a volume equal to five U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D cargo holds of felicium would have been needed for the potency of just seven modern standard barrels. The improvements actually helped keep Ornarans addicted to the drug.
It is dispensed in dosages of 0.01 milliliters and lasts up to 72 hours, administered through a pressure-injector hypo to the palm.
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?