- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In 2267, Vanderberg served as Chief Processing Engineer, at the underground pergium mining colony on Janus VI.
Vanderberg, along with fellow engineer/miner Ed Appel, helped defend the settlement against an unknown "monster" that could burrow through solid rock, and was destroying machinery and killing the miners.
When it was learned the creature was an intelligent lifeform called a Horta and was in fact a mother protecting her eggs, Vanderberg and the other miners reached a peaceful alliance with the creature. They would allow the Horta and her offspring to flourish, and the young Hortas would mine the pergium at a far faster rate than the humans could, making the miners extremely rich.
Related News Articles
- One Trek Mind: Could The Vulcan Nerve Pinch Really Work?
- FIRST LOOK (AND HEAR): Vulcan Harp App for iPad
- FIRST LOOK: Original Series Art Print Tees For December
- FIRST LOOK: Juan Ortiz Original Series Art Prints For December
- Bjo and John Trimble Remember Mark Lenard, Trek's Sarek
- Star Trek's Cyber Monday Deals
- Poll Says Your Favorite Time Travel Episode Is...