- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In 2267, Vanderberg served as Chief Processing Engineer, at the underground pergium mining colony on Janus VI.
Vanderberg, along with fellow engineer/miner Ed Appel, helped defend the settlement against an unknown "monster" that could burrow through solid rock, and was destroying machinery and killing the miners.
When it was learned the creature was an intelligent lifeform called a Horta and was in fact a mother protecting her eggs, Vanderberg and the other miners reached a peaceful alliance with the creature. They would allow the Horta and her offspring to flourish, and the young Hortas would mine the pergium at a far faster rate than the humans could, making the miners extremely rich.
Related News Articles
- Remembering TOS Guest Star Katherine Woodville, 1938-2013
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TOS Composer Gerald Fried
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- STO Guest Blog: Feature Episodes Rerun
- Nimoy Beaming To Big Apple This Weekend for Staging of His One-man Show, Vincent
- Where Will You Park Your Cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey?
- FIRST LOOK: Comic-Con Exclusive Shatner/Trek-Twilight Zone Bobble Head Set