- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Encounter at Farpoint, Part I
- Episode List
- Next Episode
Naked Now, The
- Previous Episode
All Good Things... Part I
The new U.S.S. Enterprise-D and its crew set out "to boldly go where no one has gone before."
Their first mission of the Galaxy-class starship U.S.S. Enterprise-D is to explore the mystery surrounding the creation of the Farpoint Station located on planet Deneb IV. While trying to negotiate a friendly agreement for Starfleet to use this energy-powered base, Captain Picard and his crew also attempt to discover how the Bandi inhabitants of Deneb IV built the station.
En route to Farpoint, Captain Picard and his crew first meet "Q." The mysterious and powerful being denounces the human race as barbarians and challenges the crew of the Enterprise to disprove his belief. If Picard and his crew are not persuasive in their arguments, they will be sentenced to death.
Picard defends himself and mankind by explaining that, unlike Q, humans have learned not to prosecute and judge things they don't understand. Hearing the words "prosecute" and "judge," Q announces that he knows humans all too well. He leaves the Enterprise in a blinding flash, stating that "preparations" must be made.
After separating the saucer to protect the families on board, Picard stays behind to face Q. Suddenly, the ship begins shaking as it did when Q first appeared, and after a bright flash of light, Picard, Data, Troi and Tasha find themselves in a 21st century courtroom. When the bailiff announces the judge, the crew is shocked to find Q sitting on the bench!
Related News Articles
- Remembering TNG Guest Star Wendy Hughes, 1952-2014
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot