- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Acronym for Deoxyribo-Nucleic Acid, a complex chemical chain containing the genetic codes enabling the reproduction of life throughout the explored galaxy.
Nearly each type of individual life-form has a DNA code containing information common to that species, and additional distinguishing information unique to each individual. For these reasons, DNA sequencing is often used as a means of positive identification between individuals, except in the case of a clone.
A variety of species throughout the galaxy share a similar DNA structure discovered later by Captain Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-D to be due to a single humanoid species living four billion years ago which "seeded" planets with its own primordial genetic material.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: TNG-themed iPhone Cases from PowerA
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...