- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The ages-old caste, or inherited class, system of Bajor which determined a person's career by what family he was born into — and the ranks in social order relative to each, with the "unclean" at the bottom. The Cardassian occupation rendered it al but moot, when decades of Bajorans unified to oust them. A brief move to revive the system comes in 2372 at the urging of Akorem Laan, a 200-year-old poet who had been in stasis in the Celestial Temple with the Prophets during the interim and claims to be their new Emissary; but the drive evaporates when he gives up the effort. Caste-based discrimination is contrary to the Federation charter and would have ended Bajor's drive for UFP admission.
Related News Articles
- Trek Stars Collide In New Play
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?
- Remembering Prolific Trek Director Cliff Bole, 1937-2014
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 3
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 2
- Destination Star Trek Germany Recap, Day 1
- FIRST LOOK: Next Ship Upcoming In Official Starships Collection