- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Mechanisms used to fine-tune interpretations of magentic scans. One device used by the U.S.S. Rio Grande in 2369 to search for the Yangtzee Kiang was mounted on probes to pick up magnetic deflections from the Yangtzee Kiang's hull which had crashed on a moon's surface.