- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A unique, technologically advanced shuttlecraft, the Delta Flyer was designed to withstand the atmosphere of a gas giant.
Conceived by Tom Paris as a 24th-Century "hot rod," the Delta Flyer's design and construction was a collaborative effort among Voyager crew members, and represents their diverse backgrounds. It features ultra-aerodynamic contours, parametallic hull plating, a tetraburnium alloy hull, unimatrix shielding, and Borg-inspired weapons systems, including photonic missiles.
Duranium in its hull makes the craft especially robust under extreme conditions. Paris gave the high-tech machine an old-fashioned touch by incorporating ancient control levers and readouts, all inspired by his "Captain Proton" holodeck program.
The Delta Flyer's first mission was to retrieve an advanced multispatial probe from within a gas giant, before it fell into Malon hands. The Flyer was a crucial extension of the U.S.S. Voyager's capabilities for almost two years, until it was destroyed in late 2376, during an assault upon a Borg cube.
In 2377, the Delta Flyer was rebuilt. The new vessel was immediately put to the test, when Paris entered the Flyer into the Antarian Trans-stellar Rally. The Flyer did not win the race, which proved to be fortunate, since the vessel was sabotaged to explode at the finish line. Once the sabotage was discovered, the warp core was ejected in a nebula to contain the explosion, and the ship survived the incident.
Before the Flyer could be refitted with a new warp core, however, the ship provided a "romantic getaway" for newlyweds Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres.
References: Extreme Risk,
Related News Articles
- I Want To Speak...
- Tampa Bay Rays To Hold Star Trek Night On Sept. 20
- One Trek Mind #38: One Trek Mind LIVE in Vegas, Baby
- Remembering George Murdock, 1930-2012
- Guest Blog: The Foundry for Star Trek Online
- Borg Attack Recap: Resistance Not Futile
- ATTENTION: Important Information Regarding Borg Retaliation