- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Female Trill who was the first host to the Dax symbiont. Lela Dax was a legislator, one of the first women to serve as a council member on the Trill homeworld. When she started out, she would speak using lots of emphatic gesturing. She found out that some of her male colleagues were making fun of her for this, so she started to restrain herself by holding her hands behind her back; that became a habit which remained with Dax throughout the symbiont's several lifetimes. Jadzia Dax, the eighth host, learned about this when she invoked the Trill Rite of Closure or "Zhian'tara" during which she transferred the memories of Lela into her friend Kira Nerys.
Lela had a son named Ahjess. When he was young, Lela couldn't sleep through a whole night for weeks, because after Ahjess was tucked into bed at night, he would climb into his mother's bed two hours later for attention. (Jadzia recalled this when talking with Miles O'Brien about his children.)
The exact time of Lela Dax's joined life is unknown, but it was probably in the 21st century.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- Poll Says Trek Show With the Best Starfleet Uniforms Is...
- Creation Beaming Into Boston This Weekend With Shatner, Spiner, Visitor & More
- The Next Generation Reunion Set for Chicago
- Poll Says Trek Captain With The Best Hair Is...
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon