- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Member of the Cardassian military and a Federation operative. In 2370 Dal risked his life to come to the Enterprise-E in an escape pod and provide invaluable information about Cardassia's strategic intentions — information that would enhance the security of Bajor as well as other nearby planets. It was imperative that Dal be returned to Cardassian space safely, so Captain Picard recruited Ensign Sito, a Bajoran, to accompany him in the shuttlecraft Curie. The plan was for Dal to pretend that he stole the Federation shuttlecraft, and Sito would pose as a Bajoran terrorist that Dal had taken prisoner. He would cross the border by claiming to be a bounty hunter, and bribe patrol guards if necessary. Sito was to return to Federation space in an escape pod. The plan succeeded in getting Dal home, but Sito was killed in the escape pod on the way back, according to an intercepted Cardassian report.
Dal did not consider himself a traitor to his people. He served in the military all his life, and he believed that what was once an institution dedicated to the security of Cardassia became little more than a platform for ambitious Guls hoping to make their reputations in battle. He was sick of war and felt his people needed peace, so if the information he provided to Starfleet would deter even one pointless border skirmish, he will have served his purpose.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?
- Remembering Prolific Trek Director Cliff Bole, 1937-2014