- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
One of the United Federation of Planets' first starship designs commissioned and operated under its auspices, inaugurated soon after UFP formation in 2161 and retired in 2196. It was among the first starships to demonstrate the primary/secondary hull and warp nacelle designs which later became a characteristic of Starfleet vessels. Destroyed in 2167 at Mab-Bu VI, the U.S.S. Essex was a Daedalus-class starship. It is possible that the U.S.S. Horizon as well as the U.S.S. Archon also belonged to this class. A model of the design was displayed in Benjamin Sisko's office on Deep Space Nine.
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Online Bonus XP Weekend Event
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek: The Next Generation Trailers
- Patrick Stewart Talks Broadway, New Roles, and More
- Patrick Stewart Talks No Man's Land, Waiting For Godot, X-Men and More, Part 1
- Designing Trek With Herman Zimmerman
- Galaxy Class Reboot
- What Is The Starfleet Insignia Doing On Mars?