- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A discarded Earth medical procedure intended to preserve a person by instantly freezing them upon the moment of death. The body would remain preserved until the necessary future medical advances would allow the body to be re-awakened, disease-free. Although cryonics became popular on Earth late in the 20th century, it was abandoned within 50 years. In those early days, some cryogenically frozen individuals were preserved even further by sending them into long-term storage in space within orbiting satellites. In 2364, the starship U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D discovered one such cryosatellite with three treatable bodies.