- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A portable transceiver device in use by Starfleet crews since the mid-22nd century.
Earlier versions were designed as a hand-held device with a hardware control interface and a flip-up antennae grid/activator, but by the 2340s the communicator functions had been built into the metallic uniform insignia "combadge" worn on the left breast, activated by touch or voice.
Among many uses, communicators serve as locator IDs for gaining a transporter lock on personnel.
Related News Articles
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TOS Composer Gerald Fried
- FIRST LOOK: New Trek Posters From Bye Bye Robot
- STO Guest Blog: Feature Episodes Rerun
- Nimoy Beaming To Big Apple This Weekend for Staging of His One-man Show, Vincent
- Where Will You Park Your Cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey?
- FIRST LOOK: Comic-Con Exclusive Shatner/Trek-Twilight Zone Bobble Head Set
- Shatner To Guest Star on Live Episode of Hot in Cleveland