- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In "Star Trek: The Motion Picture", Stephen Collins portrays Willard Decker, the intended captain of the refit U.S.S. Enterprise, who is temporarily replaced by Kirk in the rush to confront and vanquish the threat that comes to be known as V'Ger.
For 11 seasons, Collins starred in the television hit series Seventh Heaven, co-starring with "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" actress Catherine Hicks. He made his film debut in the acclaimed All The President's Men, one of over 35 credits that include Jumpin' Jack Flash, The First Wives Club and Blood Diamond—and most recently The Three Stooges. He also starred in CBS' Tales of the Gold Monkey and Tattingers, and as Dr. Dayton King on ABC's recent short-lived superhero series No Ordinary Family; most recently he played Andy Bernard's dad on The Office.
Collins' turn opposite Ann-Margaret in the miniseries The Two Mrs. Grenvilles scored him an Emmy nomination in 1987, while his John F. Kennedy was a big part of the Emmy-winning miniseries A Woman Called Jackie. Stage credits include Off-Broadway highlights Beyond Therapy opposite Sigurney Wweaver and MacDuff to Christopher Walken's Hamlet, and he sang the role of King Arthur in the comedy musical Monty Python's Spamalot in 2008.
A 1947 native of Des Moines, Iowa, Collins is also the author of two suspense thrillers, Eye Contact and Double Exposure, and he keeps in touch with his love of guitar and early rocker bands with music: he has released two albums, a self-titled debut and now The Hits of Rick Nelson with his current group, The 7th Band. He's also featured on the 1993 cast soundtrack from Sondheim's Putting It Together.
Related News Articles
- Remembering Marvin Paige, Casting Director of Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- One Trek Mind: Celebrating Persis Khambatta
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- A Collector's Trek #7: The TMP Happy Meal Promotion
- Poll Reveals Changed Perception of Enterprise
- Preview: StarTrek.com's Trek Treasures Panel
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Now Available For All To See