- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
This shuttlecraft, attached to the U.S.S. Voyager as its Shuttlecraft 4, was used by Tom Paris to break the Warp 10 barrier in the Delta Quadrant in 2372. Named for the discoverer of warp drive, it was retrieved safely after the test. It can cover 50 million kilometers in 4.5 minutes and project a dekyon beam.
The Cochrane was destroyed in early 2374 by the Cataati. Paris and B'Elanna Torres used the shuttlecraft to retrieve Voyager's ejected warp core, but the Cataati attempted to salvage the part for themselves, and bombarded the Cochrane with an antimatter pulse. Paris and Torres escaped the shuttle's destruction by donning environmental suits and beaming themselves into space.