- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
STARFLEET HISTORICAL FILE: Chapel, Christine, MD.
Mid-level Biography Brief Mode
Final Rank: Commander
Assignment: Director of Emergency Operations, Starfleet
Full Name: Christine Chapel
Education: Nursing school, Starfleet Medical
Starfleet Career Summary
2266 – As brevet ensign, signed aboard U.S.S. Enterprise of Capt. James T. Kirk as nurse
2267 – Became head nurse to Enterprise Chief Medical Officer Leonard McCoy, MD.
2271 – After five-year mission, promotion to lieutenant and completion of medical degree, named CMO to Capt. Will Decker on refit U.S.S. Enterprise until relinquishing title to McCoy for V'Ger crisis
2286 – As a commander, directed Starfleet Emergency Operations in wake of whale-song aliens
Christine Chapel began her medical career aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, sacrificing a biology career with several university degrees in research medicine to search for her lost fiancé, Dr. Roger Korby, who had been missing for five years, ever since his last communication from Exo III. When Korby was found on Exo III in 2266 and subsequently discovered to be an android, Chapel elects to remain with the starship, where she became good friends with Uhura and a good friend to Dr. McCoy. Emotionally, her early shipboard life, as admitted when infected with the Psi 2000 virus, was marked by an acknowledged unrequited love for Spock — an ongoing issue which never interfered with her professional duties. Upon completion of the five-year mission she finished her own medical degree and was slated by 2270 to be CMO on the refit U.S.S. Enterprise under Will Decker. Even so, she willingly stepped down to allow McCoy's return as CMO for the V'Ger crisis with Kirk.
Some 15 years later, Chapel had won commander's bars by the time she oversaw responses to the whale-song aliens' "invasion" as director of Starfleet Emergency Operations. Shortly thereafter, she had contacted Sarek about speaking on Kirk's behalf during his inquiry before the Federation Council for theft and disobeying direct orders related to the Genesis device and rescue of Spock's body and "katra."
You May LikeGo to the Shop
Related News Articles
- How 'Star Trek' Technology Works Infogram by Space.com
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 1
- FIRST LOOK: Deluxe Kirk and Spock Action Figures From Diamond Select Toys
- The Captains Mini-Series Debuts Tonight
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek/The Big Bang Theory Co-Branded Tee Shirts