- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Apparently a newer Starfleet tradition, this large, elliptical, shuttle vehicle appeared on Galaxy-class starships. The Captain's yacht docks and disembarks from an external port located on the underside of the saucer module.
The craft is intended for diplomatic missions, such as the transportation of dignitaries and ambassadors. The yacht aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC 1701-D was named Calypso, in honor of a 20th-century Earth exploration vessel, commanded by Captain Jaques-Yves Cousteau.
Related News Articles
- FIRST LOOK: TNG-themed iPhone Cases from PowerA
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...