- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Thanks to his breakthrough role as Kunta Kinte in the landmark Roots miniseries, LeVar Burton was likely the best-known member of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s ensemble cast as Lt. (j.g.) Geordi La Forge when the series debuted in 1987. Like his TNG colleague Jonathan Frakes, Burton took advantage of the Star Trek franchise’s “director in training” program, and his post-TNG career is evenly split between acting and directing. With 26 episodes spread across TNG, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise to his credit, Burton holds the record among Star Trek actor alums for directing the most Star Trek episodes. He has also directed segments of Soul Food, JAG, Charmed, and Las Vegas. Burton was the longtime host and executive producer of the Peabody and Emmy Award-winning children’s series Reading Rainbow, which aired from 1983 to 2006. His acting credits are featured performances in several other high profile TV movies like One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore Story, Dummy, and Grambling’s White Tiger.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products