- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
In 2375, a Borg probe confronted the U.S.S. Voyager in an attempt to assimilate the ship and its crew. Voyager fought back, and at one point during the battle the probe was forced to remodulate its shields. During this vulnerable moment, Voyager beamed a photon torpedo aboard the probe which detonated near the power matrix. The explosion caused a chain reaction which completely destroyed the vessel.
The probe left behind eight kilotons of debris, from which Voyager salvaged a variety of equipment including two power nodes, 12 plasma conduits and what appeared to be an auto-regeneration unit made of some kind of lightweight polytrinic alloy. Also found was a servo-armature from a Medical Repair Drone, which included a laser scalpel, biomolecular scanner and micro-suture all rolled into one instrument. A transwarp coil was recovered, but it had self-destructed beyond repair by fusing its field regulator (per Borg protocol when a vessel is critically damaged).
Also salvaged from the debris were a couple of data nodes which contained tactical information that Voyager used to locate a disabled Borg scout ship and plan a "heist" of a working transwarp coil.
Related News Articles
- I Want To Speak...
- Tampa Bay Rays To Hold Star Trek Night On Sept. 20
- One Trek Mind #38: One Trek Mind LIVE in Vegas, Baby
- Remembering George Murdock, 1930-2012
- Guest Blog: The Foundry for Star Trek Online
- Borg Attack Recap: Resistance Not Futile
- ATTENTION: Important Information Regarding Borg Retaliation