- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The Borg cube is one of the most formidable technologies known to the Federation. Its lack of identifiable function spaces — such as a bridge, engineering, or personnel quarters — reveals the hive-like Borg collective consciousness and its drones. It not only carries "smart" weaponry that adapts, but it also can analyze an opponent's weapons systems and adapt defenses within seconds.
On stardate 43989., another Borg cube — sent to assimilate Earth and its technology — traveled to the Alpha Quadrant using a transwarp conduit to make their journey and was briefly led by Locutus, the assimilated Picard.
A third cube tried to conquer Earth by altering the timeline in 2373, but was destroyed with concentrated weapons fire by a Starfleet armada. It ejected a smaller, speherical ship, a Borg spehere, which created a time vortex that allowed the Sphere to travel back in time in an effort to stop humanity's first contact with an alien species. This effort was also thwarted, by Picard, his crew, and the Enterprise-E.
Related News Articles
- Next Star Trek Film's Writers Revealed
- Poll Says Trek Series Fans Are Most Thankful For Is...
- Win Captain Autographed Photos from CARD.com
- Win Lunch With LeVar Burton -- And Help Support His Cause
- Guest Blog: Q’s Winter Wonderland Now Open
- Star Trek Command Insignia String Lights & Stocking Available Now
- FIRST LOOK: New Star Trek: The Next Generation Products