- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Starfleet officer who assisted Admiral Leyton in his attempted military coup against the Federation government on Earth during the Shapeshifter scare of 2372. Commander Benteen served as Leyton's adjutant when Captain Sisko was called to Earth to advise Starfleet on the Dominion threat, and she worked with Sisko to implement new security measures at Starfleet and Federation Headquarters to detect Changeling infiltrators. Leyton then promoted Benteen to captain (at about Stardate 49170) and assigned her command of the U.S.S. Lakota, an Excelsior-class ship refitted with upgraded weapons, including quantum torpedoes.
Benteen was loyal to Leyton, even going so far as to frame Sisko as a Shapeshifter. But her loyalty was tested when Leyton ordered Benteen to intercept and destroy the Defiant, which was transporting an officer who would expose Leyton's deception, although Benteen and her crew were led to believe the ship was manned by Shapeshifters. Ultimately Sisko convinced her there were no Shapeshifters aboard the Defiant, and unwilling to kill 50 Starfleet officers, she called off her attack and allowed the ship to proceed to Earth, leading to Leyton's resignation.
You May LikeGo to the Shop
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- IBM Creates World's Smallest Movie And ST Pics... Using Atoms
- StarTrek.com Talks To Star Trek Craft Book Author Angie Pedersen
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Japan