- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
- Next Article
Blood pyrasites, distillate
- Previous Article
Barclay's Proto-Morphosis Syndrome
A rare usually fatal disease that afflicts Vulcans over the age of 200, debilitating their emotional control; there is no known treatment.
Early symptoms include sudden bursts of emotion, especially irrational anger, but the only way to prove a diagnosis is to grow a culture from tissue of the metathalamus — a process which takes several days. The telepathic abilities of Vulcans are strong enough to cause the loss of control to be projected onto others.
Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan died of it on stardate 45245, in 2368.
Related News Articles
- Favorite Star Trek: The Next Generation Classic Quotes
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dorothy Fontana, Part 2
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- Expanded "Best of Both Worlds" Soundtrack CD Available This Month