- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Hans Beimler was born and raised in Mexico City. His father was a refugee from the Spanish Civil War who became a prominent commercial director/cameraman. His mother, an American, studied painting in Mexico and has written several books on Mexican history.
Hans's early exposure to filmmaking led him to USC, where he graduated in 1977 with a degree in Film Production. It was at USC that Hans first contemplated becoming a screenwriter. His first script sale, however, would not come for another eight years. In the meantime, Hans started his film career by following his father's footsteps, becoming a documentary cameraman. After several years of making a series of industrial and documentary films, Hans moved on to become an assistant director working on a wide variety of episodic television shows, such as Eye to Eye, Scene of the Crime and Four Seasons, and feature films, like "The Falcon and the Snowman," "Splash," "Cocoon" and "The Golden Child."
"I learned the nuts and bolts of making movies as I watched some very good directors, like John Schlesinger and Ron Howard, do their work."
His first script sale led to a staff job on the television show Fame, then Once a Hero, Knightwatch, and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Hans went on to co-create and Co-Executive Produce Beyond Reality, a half-hour drama for USA Network. His next stop was TekWar, starring William Shatner, where he served as Executive Producer. The show was nominated for a Gemini Award (the Canadian Emmy) as Best Dramatic Series. It was also during this time that Hans expanded his creative horizons by directing episodes of Beyond Reality and TekWar.
In 1995, Hans returned to Paramount Pictures and Star Trek where he worked as a Writer/Supervising Producer on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Hans is married and has two children.
You May LikeGo to the Shop
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- Expanded "Best of Both Worlds" Soundtrack CD Available This Month
- Star Trek: The Exhibition Launches US Tour
- Galaxy Life Beams Up Star Trek: The Next Generation