- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Discovered on stardate 46379.1 by Deep Space Nine science officer Jadzia Dax, the Bajoran Wormhole is the first and only completely stable wormhole known to the Federation, with either end remaining at a fixed point in space.
This "tunnel", approximately 90,000 light years long, connects the Alpha to the Gamma Quadrant with the same time coordinates, providing virtually instantaneous and reciprocal access. The wormhole is not actually of natural origin, having been artificially created by a race of aliens who live there, not subject to time in a linear fashion.
In the Bajoran religion, the wormhole is worshipped as the Celestial Temple of the Prophets, its builders, who sent out Orbs as contact devices. Since the discovery of the wormhole, space station Deep Space Nine has been moved from Bajor's orbit to be closer to the phenomenon.
Related News Articles
- Star Trek Jewelry Beaming Into New Zealand And Australia This Month
- New Bing Translator Option Lets You Translate... Klingon
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Cross-Stitch
- Poll Says Star Trek's Most Action-packed Series Is...
- IBM Creates World's Smallest Movie And ST Pics... Using Atoms
- StarTrek.com Talks To Star Trek Craft Book Author Angie Pedersen
- FIRST LOOK: Star Trek Japan