- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
These simple vessels were equipped with solar-wind sails, which harnessed tachyon eddies, thus allowing these ships to travel space at warp speeds, without the use of warp drives. These ships were also called "lightships." Commander Sisko constructed his own lightship and took his son, Jake Sisko, along for the maiden voyage.