- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
The individual responsible for administering the Klingon Rite of Succession, which determines the new chancellor of the Klingon High Council. The position need not be filled by a Klingon, as in the case when the Federation's Captain Picard served as Arbiter of Succession following the death of K'mpec in 2367. Picard formally ruled that Gowron had sole right to lead the council.