- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
Tanugan scientist who was developing a Krieger Wave converter on a science station orbiting Tanuga IV when he was killed in an explosion in 2366. His widow, Manua, accused Commander William Riker of complicity in his death, but the Enterprise-D crew member was absolved when a holodeck re-creation strongly indicated that Apgar himself was responsible for the fatal explosion, apparently while trying to kill Riker.