- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek Generations
A connection between computer systems of different origins. An adaptive link is necessary when attempting to transfer data or functionality between to disparate types of equipment. In 2369, such a link was used to download data from an alien space probe to the computers on station Deep Space Nine.