happy birthday, mr. washington!

miklamar

Report this Feb. 23 2014, 5:08 am

For Americans, Saturday, February 22 was George Washington's traditional birthday.  It kind of slipped past me, I'm ashamed to say, because we now celebrate "President's Day"--combining his birthday with Abraham Lincoln's.

I think George Washington was our greatest president ever--not because he was the first, but because of the man he was.  After fighting the Revolution, some people wanted to make him our King.  But, he said in effect, "Weren't you paying any attention?  What do you think we were fighting for?!"  He refused to be glorified too much, and he overcame a lot of obstacles to succeed as he did.  Read Washington's Secret War.

We have had several great US Presidents, but I think he was the greatest of them all!

22123magic

Report this Feb. 23 2014, 9:15 am

I totally agree with you! It takes a brave man to deny that power.

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 23 2014, 1:38 pm

A toast to The Indispensable Man!

22123magic

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 7:37 am

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 9:19 am

Or as the Klingons would say, "I lift my ghoptu to President Washington!"

Drunkin Druid

Report this Feb. 26 2014, 3:51 pm

I picture Marilyn Monroe dressed in 18th century clothing(pretty sexy thought) singing ti George ...

NCC1701K.1

Report this Mar. 01 2014, 3:14 pm

My mother's birthday is the same as Washington's.

miklamar

Report this Mar. 05 2014, 1:56 pm

NCC1701K1, I hope she tells the truth about her age!

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 08 2014, 12:45 pm

Just heard about this last night:

That's an interesting question:  What would have happened if Washington would have been killed during the Revolution?

Post Reply