Bold Prediction: Intelligent Alien Life Could Be Found by 2040

dryson

Report this Feb. 12 2014, 1:49 am

PALO ALTO, Calif. — The first detection of intelligent extraterrestrial life will likely come within the next quarter-century, a prominent alien hunter predicts

I still think the best place to look for sentient alien life or alien life is near White Dwarf stars or areas where White Dwarfs once existed. White Dwarfs produce oxygen and carbon atoms that when coupled with the heat of the White Dwarf the potential for life to exist on a planet within a range of 100 billion kilometers increases 50%.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 12 2014, 5:00 am

Hopefully, if indeed intelligent, it is friendly.

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

Sora

Report this Feb. 12 2014, 3:58 pm

What would be so incredible about it if something like does happen by 2040, that Star Trek's prediction wouldn't have been off by a huge margin like so much scifi often is. If I remember correctly, according to Star Trek timeline, the Vulcan's made first contact with earth on April 5th, 2063? And we have people safely on Mars by 2032? It'll be awesome if Star Trek ends up really not being off by much.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 12 2014, 5:39 pm

So far at least, I think the only thing Star Trek doesn;t match up with is the Eugenics Wars in the 90's.

Drunkin Druid

Report this Feb. 28 2014, 6:59 am

When and if the aliens come I doubt they'll want anything to do with us. We can't even get along with each other and I'm sure if they come people all over the world will freak out. I'll bet our first contact will be more like the mirror universe. Our species is dominated by the weak and fearful and that won't change over the next 25 or 30 years. Perhaps in several generations we will be ready.
But if they don't come in peace we are better of as we are. Fearful and warlike! Not that I think we would have much of a chance but you never know..

22123magic

Report this Feb. 28 2014, 10:18 am

Thank you, Captain Optimism.

Drunkin Druid

Report this Feb. 28 2014, 11:49 am

What can I say? I'm a realist. I see the world for what it is rather than how I would like it to be.

Post Reply

Users browsing this forum: miklamar