Just Started DS9, Was Wondering Something

susanmj67

Report this Jan. 19 2014, 7:05 am

I've seen all the series but DS9, I never watched it as I thought it would be boring, (like what a space station that goes no place, just sitting there, naaaaaa). I skipped most of Emiisary and just read about it on memory alpha, just couldnt get into it, but decided to keep going, (well, maybe the rest will be better). I'm on 1-3 now and I'm already totally hooked!

susanmj67

Report this Jan. 19 2014, 9:35 am

Omg I LOVE this show, LOL!! Just finished 1-5 the one with Tosk, this show is AWESOME! So so so so so much better than Voyager, LOL! I loved TOS, grew up with it, and I've seen all of them, series that is, but this one, and so far DS9 seems to be closer to what they were going for than any other spin off series. I found out the station does have shields and weapons, btw, lol

ElimGarak00

Report this Feb. 02 2014, 11:18 am

Quote: susanmj67 @ Jan. 19 2014, 7:05 am

>---

>I just have one question. How do they keep ships from blasting them out of existence? Do they have shields? Do they have weapons? Or is there just not any action like that?

The only thing I'm going to tell you is that DS9 has lots of action...just be patient and your other questions will be answered soon enough.

Enjoy the DS9 episodes!

Utopia Planetia

Report this Feb. 02 2014, 1:47 pm

Quote: susanmj67 @ Jan. 19 2014, 7:05 am

>I've seen all the series but DS9, I never watched it as I thought it would be boring, (like what a space station that goes no place, just sitting there, naaaaaa).

Go back and watch the first episode. I don't know why they never repeated the trick they pulled in that one.

janebo

Report this Feb. 03 2014, 2:05 pm

DS9's awesome, they do a lot with it, but like somebody else posted, I don't want to spoil it for you either! Just know that when you're on one of the most important places in the Alpha Q., you're far from being defenseless...and they will deal with that.

Keep watching, there's some epic-ness waiting *^^)b

the higherrr, the fewerrr

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 03 2014, 3:05 pm

I like the continuity of DS9.  They can't just "fix" a problem and always warp off to the next star system.... sometimes their decisions have implications later.  (Although Babylon 5 was much better at this.)  Also, the series is darker, and there isn't always a "good" or "clean" solution to everything.  Sometimes, the decision is between bad and worse and you just have to make the best of it.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 04 2014, 9:20 am

I agree with Bam Bam. Since everybody knew where to find them, they had to be a lot more strategic in their planning.

Also, DS9 had the Defiant, so the whole show wasn't just "sitting there, naaaaaa".

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

Post Reply

Users browsing this forum: DS9_FOREVER!