Why does the Star Trek Starships Collection have to be so expensive?

22123magic

Report this Jan. 12 2014, 4:09 am

Each ship is $20 + S&H fees! There are supposed to be 70 of them, so if you subcribe, you would end up spending around $1500! If only the price was lower, because it really is a great set.

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 12 2014, 9:21 am

Proabably because they have to be licensed to make the product - which means that the owners of Star Trek get a royalty.

22123magic

Report this Jan. 12 2014, 9:26 am

Good point. CBS/Paramount must be raking in a fortune from that alone.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 12 2014, 9:31 am

Exactly.  They own the rights, so they should be compensated if someone else makes a product off their intellectual property.

DaxWills

Report this Jan. 25 2014, 2:34 pm

I really wanted these things but the cost is just so high. Plus they threw in the "special editions" that you had to subscribe to be able to get and I just couldn't do it. Honestly if I wait until they're all released I'll eventually piece meal the set together anyways cheaper but it will take extreme patience. I will however order the Defiant by itself when it's available. I love that ship.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 22 2014, 5:03 pm

I'll just stick to the old Micro-machines series instead.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 23 2014, 1:42 pm

Quote: 22123magic @ Feb. 22 2014, 5:03 pm

>I'll just stick to the old Micro-machines series instead.

Yea, I've got that set.  I can't justify the cost of this new collection.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 7:31 am

Hey, um... I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell any?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 12:18 pm

Quote: 22123magic @ Feb. 24 2014, 7:31 am

>Hey, um... I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell any?

Nope.  I bought mine a few years ago off eBay.

22123magic

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 7:49 pm

Just curious, in case I do this, how much?

DaxWills

Report this Feb. 24 2014, 7:52 pm

Some of the micro machines are very cheap @ 1 or 2 dollars. Others are extremely htf and can command 50-200 for the more expensive variants.

The difference between your spots and my spots are that my spots are tattoos. :)

Post Reply