Which of the reboot movies was better?

Created by: 22123magic

22123magic

Report this Jan. 10 2014, 10:13 am

I think the 2009 one, because the storyline was much more creative.

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

Captan_jean_luc_picard_1A

Report this Jan. 15 2014, 5:47 pm

Neither, I hate the reboot movies.  the eleventh movie killed Star Trek.

Mugatu_for_Two

Report this Jan. 19 2014, 3:43 pm

I found the last two films to be nothing more than generic sci fi action flicks. Nothing original or creative in either one. I didn't hate them but I don't think they are worth watching a second time. Probably doesn't help that the guy tasked with the reboot goes out of his way to tell everyone he was never into Trek.

corndogs

Report this Jan. 23 2014, 10:30 am

Into darkness.  I thought Cumberbatch as Khan was brilliant.

Sora

Report this Jan. 23 2014, 3:36 pm

Into Darkness. 2009 was good, but Into Darkness was better. But I still prefer original Trek though.

1trekwars1

Report this Jan. 26 2014, 2:22 pm

Trek 09

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 27 2014, 4:53 am

Star Trek 2009

JoCat

Report this Jan. 27 2014, 8:28 am

Into Darkness was really good but Star Trek 2009 was great and that one brought me back into Star Trek after being away from it for years. I just saw both those movies this past year. I really liked the new story line started in Star Trek 2009 and think it has potential to lead into more great and brand new Star Trek stories.

USS Sith

Report this Jan. 29 2014, 2:35 pm

Into Darkness. 2009 felt a bit too experimental and felt too much like a Star Wars film. Into Darkness felt more like a tribute than a reboot.

"You are an imperfect being created by an imperfect being." Borg proverb

guillermo.mejía

Report this Jan. 30 2014, 5:27 am

It was so tribute it actually left the tribute zone and set a foot into the ripoff zone with that climax.

USS Sith

Report this Feb. 01 2014, 1:24 am

I thought the flip worked and the twist on Space Seed (rather than TWOK) was clever enough, a gamble yes, but it worked in that the familiar scenario from the original timeline helped cement the bond of Kirk and Spock in the new timeline. Either way I would rather a Trek film ripped off a Trek film (which I don't think it did) rather than rip off/try to be Star Wars (as was done in 2009).

"You are an imperfect being created by an imperfect being." Borg proverb

Post Reply

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra