Gone to $H!t, huh?

Vger23

Report this Dec. 11 2013, 9:40 am

Wow, this message board used to be a hub of debate and discussion. I see that it's gone completely down the drain with spam and other crap being allowed to just run free.

Too bad. What a waste. CBS doesn't care at all. With all of the annoying Captcha stuff required to post here now, how does this spam get to the board. Is there someone REALLY doing this manually?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 11 2013, 10:37 am

Yea, after several tries, I finally made contact the the PTBs and they say they're working on the spam problem.  Of course, it's been weeks and nothing has been done, but I keep pinging them.  I've also let them know multiple times over a few months that their "Terms of Use" linked from their "Message Board Guidelines" is broken... but it still hasn't been fixed.

It's possible that someone is doing it manually, but it's equally possible that they've got a script to defeat the CAPTCHA.

I really do miss the old days.  As I've said before, I miss Guy Vardaman or Tim Gaskill running this site...  Back then, when I e-mailed them with an issue, they were very quick to correct it and reply back - usually within an hour or two.

Trau

Report this Jan. 02 2014, 7:59 am

jaymichael

Report this Jan. 02 2014, 2:09 pm

Quote: Trau @ Jan. 02 2014, 7:59 am

>Of course when Star Trek is in a dead time - like now there is less traffic and it gives spammers more room to play,a good, new series would bring the masses back and troublemakers would not thrive as well.

I like where you are going with this.

moonbeam6612

Report this Jan. 03 2014, 4:14 am

I think all the interesting discussions are happening on Facebook nowadays which is a total shame because it is virtually impossible to follow a discussion thread on Facebook.

"Course heading, Captain?" "Second star to the right. And straight on 'til morning."

Post Reply