*SPOILERS* I have a theory regarding "Star Trek: The Fall"

Yaksha

Report this Nov. 19 2013, 3:47 am

Hey guys, been a very long time since I posted here.

I've been reading the latest book series "The Fall" and I have a theory regarding everybody's least favourite douchebag, Temporary Federation President Ishan.

I think Ishan is a surgically altered Cardassian and (possible) member of the True Way, and he's trying to weaken/destabalise th Federation in the hope of getting his people to join the Typhon Pact as well as leave the Federation wide open for an assault.

First there's his response to the Cardassians, he halts the withdrawel knowing it will provoke the Cardassians and raise tensions between the two factions, which would in turn undermine Castallan Garan, thereby making way for Evek Temet, a True Way member/puppet.

Also his response to Bashir's attempts to cure the Andorians, it goes beyond wounded pride over the seccession. He's clearly petty, vindictive and arrogant (typical Cardassian traits), and his casual disregard for the lives of the Andorians is on par with the Cardassian's disregard for other races, such as the Bajorans.

I also believe that the series will end with zh'Tarash becoming president and finding a way to release Bashir, Ezri and everybody else who helped Bashir from custody as repayment for saving her race from extinction.

saintdane05

Report this Nov. 29 2013, 1:07 pm

ALSO SPOILERS:
The True Way is NOT looking to join the Typhon Pact. In fact, they are against both organizations. They wish for a singular Cardassia.

Second, Ishan is Bajoran. As far as I know, he does believe that his actions are for the best. The reason he hates the Cardassians is becasue he grew up during hte occupation.

Bashir is free, but is trapped on Bajor. His "Co-Conspirators" are still in custody, along with Ezri Dax.

Good guesses, though!

CO_Fowler

Report this Nov. 30 2013, 5:10 pm

*******SPOILERS******

I just finished reading 'Star Trek: The Fall: The Poisened Chalice' and if I read it right, Bashir is on one Andor with Dax being held on *Janos II and the other doctors being held on house arrest.  And yes, Velk took the fall so to speak, but I think Ishan is ivolved, too.

Of course when 'Star Trek: The Fall: Peaceable Kingdoms' comes out on 31DEC13, then we will know more of what is going on.  Until then with 'The Poisend Chalice' last lines being a message sent to the USS Enterprise and Picard we don't really know just how deep Ishan's involvement goes yet.  Can't wait and pre-ordered 'Peaceable Kingdoms'

* Jaros II, sorry.... had to go back and check the book

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Yaksha

Report this Nov. 30 2013, 5:31 pm

My theory has yet to be disproven entirely, if at all, and as there's a whole book left, we will have to wait and see. And if I am proven wrong? Well, good, I like being surprised.

CO_Fowler

Report this Nov. 30 2013, 5:33 pm

Quote: saintdane05 @ Nov. 29 2013, 1:07 pm

>ALSO SPOILERS:

>However, the True Way is NOT responsable for the death of Bacco. It is, in fact, Velk, Ishan's Chief of Staff.

Quote from the book 'ST:The Fall: Poisend Chalice', "Ask yourself why it was so easy for me to put yoru president in my sights."  Throk mimed aiming a weapon.  "Your people helped us, Vulcan.  It was they who reached out to the True Way."  Chapter 13 if my phone is right.

Sounds like a confession that btoh Velk (and possibly others higher up) contacted the True Way to assasinate Bacco.  But with Throk and his fellow Cardassians that were with him being killed on Nydak II and the Klingons elminating the rouge Klingons on Nydak II as well as the strike team that caught the Cardassians, that kind of cuts down on reliable witnesess there.

But the last book will tell us more.  Wish it was December 31st now!!

phoenixhawk

Report this Dec. 01 2013, 4:30 pm

I'm enjoying the series and trying to figure it out myself. It's a fun mystery. Glad to see some discussion on it. Who knows, maybe there will be a twist at the end and everything we think we know will be proven wrong...

Chris

JoCat

Report this Dec. 01 2013, 5:44 pm

Yaksha

Report this Dec. 01 2013, 6:07 pm

Quote: JoCat @ Dec. 01 2013, 5:44 pm

>Ok, I am currently reading the 1st book on my kindle: The Fall:Revelation and Dust. Which book comes after that? I want to download them in the right order. Thanks everyone!! Also if anyone here is into the Voyager book series, a new Voyager book is due out in January. I just pre-ordered that one.

Here ya go: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek%3A_The_Fall

JoCat

Report this Dec. 01 2013, 6:18 pm

thank you, thank you!! I bookmarked that page for reference.

JoCat

Report this Dec. 01 2013, 6:19 pm

and I purchased the next book!!

phoenixhawk

Report this Dec. 27 2013, 6:23 pm

Found "Peaceable Kingdoms" today at B&N. I didn't think it was due out until next week, but I'll take it now

Post Reply