Tuvix: what would other captains have done?

CommanderSTRONG

Report this Nov. 12 2013, 4:04 pm

in this episode, we all saw how Janeway's decision to kill Tuvix to save two of her crew members created a severe moral issue. Some of us think she did the damn worst thing in history by sacrificing Tuvix against his will, while others feel she was right.

In light of this here is another question: I wonder, what would Picard and Sisko have done in her place?

personally I believe that Picard wouldn't have had the guts to kill Tuvix, one because Deanna Troi would be screaming so much against the idea and Dr Crusher would also be against it. He is softer than Janeway.

Sisko - I think would make a Janeway move and bring back his comrades.

willowtree

Report this Nov. 14 2013, 7:27 am

They would both restore Tuvok and Neelix, they are main characters and can't die

rtds9

Report this Nov. 18 2013, 7:40 am

Five Captains

Report this Nov. 23 2013, 1:16 pm

Quote: rtds9 @ Nov. 18 2013, 7:40 am

>Sisko would have done it one hundred percent sure of that. He proved he'd make the tough moral decisions. Agree or disagree with them fine but he proved he'd make them. And had it been say Dax and O'Brien it happened to and it had been during the war and he needed them? They would have been split the second it was possible. Picard on the other hand would have taken the high snooty road saying this new life was just as important as the two others and so would have let him live.

EvilTree

Report this Nov. 24 2013, 11:59 am

Quote: Five Captains @ Nov. 23 2013, 1:16 pm

>I think I might have to agree with you here. As for the other two captains not mentioned, I think Kirk would have made the Janeway decision especially if it were his two very best friends Spock and McCoy that were affected. And Archer, I think in the first two seasons possibly would have let Tuvix live but after the third season where he started feeling forced to make decisions that he himself did not approve of would have brought back his two crewmates.

Post season 2 Archer would definatly do that. He did a similar thing in Similitude only he made the desision to create the being AND kill it to save a crewmember unlike Tuvik who was created by accident.

Hey world, I'm here to comment on the message boards and keep my eyes open in case a new Star Trek series shows up.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Nov. 28 2013, 1:48 am

I think Sisko and Archer would've just knocked-out Tuvix with a hypospray when he wasn't looking. Instead of arguing with him beforehand, and then leading him to sickbay at gunpoint in front of the crew like Janeway did.