Destination Star Trek Germany, here I come!!! February 21-23, 2014

I am that I am

Report this Oct. 30 2013, 5:01 pm

After attending a few Star Trek/SciFi conventions in the states, we are heading to Olde Europe to experience what das volk thinks of the world of Star Trek.  It is great that they are holding it in Frankfurt, as that is the best international airport to fly into Germany plus it will be downtown at the convention center.

One thing I do so prefer about the European conventions is the better showmanship and overall grand sensory overload.  The conventions in the states are just to stuck in the 70s with cramped vendor rooms and less then optimal sound, lighting, and multi-media presentations for the main stage.

So book now as flights for February are relatively cheap being a very slow season for the airlines.

-Live Long & Prosper

moonbeam6612

Report this Nov. 02 2013, 4:05 pm

I'll be there, too

"Course heading, Captain?" "Second star to the right. And straight on 'til morning."

I am that I am

Report this Nov. 03 2013, 5:00 am

The first guests announced are as follows: William Shatner, Brent Spiner, Rene Auberjonois, Armin Shimerman, Casey Biggs, Vaughn Armstrong, Steve Rankin and Kitty Swink.  More to follow.

JuliSong

Report this Jan. 02 2014, 12:10 pm

I'm planning my whole vacation around it.

22123magic

Report this Jan. 10 2014, 7:10 am

Argh! Germany is so far away! Else I would be going. *Sigh*

22123magic's Star Trek Games! Check it out! http://startrekgames.yolasite.com www.startreklogs.tk

douidou75

Report this Jan. 30 2014, 6:21 am

I have 2 tickets (saturday + sunday) to sell (inculding saturday night party) at a low price, because for personal reasons, I and my wife can not attend the event, sadly. Please contact me by message

SpockType

Report this Feb. 28 2014, 2:32 pm

And so, how was that Star Trek Convention?

SpockType

Report this Feb. 28 2014, 3:06 pm

I'm in South Africa, by Cape Town. This country likes to host international events. Perhaps it would be good if it could host a Star Trek Convention. That's e.g. much like this one in Germany. The word 'Trek' to mean a long and arduous journey, is from here. Then again, I wonder how many locals would attend. I also wonder how much of the Star Trek merchandise would sell. I can walk around, even in a crowded place, in a Star Trek outfit (like Data's one in TNG) and only a few people would recognise it.
I was twice at Halloween parties, one a rave. At the one I wore a Spock TOS top, and the other a Data TNG top. There were many people talking about beam me up Scotty.

Post Reply