Would Picard support Sisko?

3rdI

Report this Sep. 23 2013, 6:06 pm

Star Trek DS9: In the Pale Moonlight Sisko admitted and stated "I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover up the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But most damning of all... I think I can live with it... And if I had to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing – a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant"

Sisko justified what he did for the good of the Alpha Quadrant.

If Picard knew what Sisko did, would he have turned him in because of his morals and ethics or would he have turned the other cheek because the Federation needed the Romulans as allies against the Dominions?

Mugatu_for_Two

Report this Sep. 23 2013, 9:47 pm

You have to remember that during this episode Sisko reported everything to Starfleet. He didn't cover anything up. He bent the rules and he was sanctioned by Starfleet. They were desperate to get the Romulans in the war and were willing to look the other way.

UninvitedGuest

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 7:25 am

I'm sure some Vulcan starfleet admirals said that was logical.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 8:12 am

But did he actually report it to Starfleet?  I don't remember him doing that (and he did erase the log.)  If he did, then the more people that found out, the more chances the Romulans would have in finding out the truth and switching sides.

Mugatu_for_Two

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 9:28 am

Anime Odo

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 6:54 pm

I love that episode

"I don't believe in luck, but I appreciate the sentiment." - Odo

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Sep. 24 2013, 8:59 pm

Quote: Mugatu_for_Two @ Sep. 24 2013, 9:28 am

>Well, Sisko tells Garak that he has to go through Starfleet to get the Biomemetic gel released in exchange for the data rod and I believe he had to do the same to get the guy who was going to forge the rod released from Klingon prison so, I'm pretty sure that they were aware of his plan to try and con Vreenek.

Very true.... but RHIP...  senior officers can often do things without explanation.

But... I'm reading through the episode's transcripts and it says, "Maybe I was under more pressure than I realised. Maybe it really was starting to get to me. But I was off the hook. Starfleet Command had given the plan their blessing and I thought that would make things easier. But I was the one who had to make it happen. I was the one who had to look Senator Vreenak in his eye and convince him that a lie was the truth."

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic